Thursday, 7 April 2011

Retro everywhere....



Check this out! Commodore C64x

The above link is about the new Commodore 64. It revolutionized home computing in the 80s (1980s kids) - and went head-to-head with the Sinclair Spectrum 48k. My friend Danny had a C64 and it always seemed like the rich-kids version to me....(I was retro even then - I had a Sinclair ZX81 - colour? Pah! who needs it?!?) My other friend Adam (I had more than 2 friends at that time) had a Spectrum 48k. And although it had less 'k' - it had Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy and a host of other exciting games that the C64 seemed to lack. Mind you the C64 had a keyboard. Something that Sinclair didn't excel at.....

I just bought a Gameboy Advance SP. It seems that oldies really are goodies. Mum & Dad are on their way over to visit this weekend - I hope think they may be bringing my ZX81. It has a 16k RAM pack, a joystick port, and a stick on rubber keyboard.

You can stick your 1TB where the sun don't shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment